Hypnotic suggestibility test are tests to understand how you take in or interpret information.
As this trait is shaped during your earlier growing up till your teenage days. This trait is how you think of situations and how you response to events or situations in your life most of the time. There is no right or wrong answers. It is how you would have interacted or response during any one given situation.
Founded by Dr. John Kappas, the models of Physical & Emotional Suggestibility was one of his many contributions to hypnotherapy. These models have come to form the foundation of the Kappasinian school of Hypnotherapy.
For a physical suggestible person,
- You are comfortable and take in or process information in a more direct or literal manner.
- You have a strong connection between your mind and body.
- You are good at communication and use more words to communicate an idea.
- You are comfortable with showing affection and your emotions.
- You like physical touch and attention at most times.
- Physical appearances and dressing well are important to you.
- You are comfortable and not shy to attract attention to your physical appearances.
- Usually a right brain dominant person, you are creative, emotional and intuitive.
- You are usually artistic and possess good innovative skills.
Though pre-dominantly above are true, please be aware that this is not set on stone, as your suggestibility may still vary based on situations, traumas or persons you interact with.
As we are influenced by so many varieties around us, emotional suggestibility person may also have some emotional suggestibility attributes at other times.
Our suggestibility is learnt In the beginning, learning is through our primary caretaker (ie. mother) from birth to about five years old. From age five to about nine, learning is through peers, teachers and others close to us. From age nine to about fourteen, the secondary caretaker(ie. father) begins to influence our suggestibility.
Every message is made up of three parts:
- Verbal content
- Non-spoken content
- The receiver's state of mind
The suggestibility helps us identify how the other person receives and interprets a message or communication. This can be used effectively to help hypnotherapist guide the client using the method best suited for the client.
To book your hypnotherapy session, connect with us now.