Gout is a type of arthritis caused when too much uric acid is found in the bloodstream. Gout happens when urate crystals accumulate in the joints, causing inflammation and pain.
When one consumes high purine food and the kidney does not filter out the uric acid, it can build up in the body and turn into microscopic crystals around joint tissues like the fingers, toes, ankles, knees, arms and legs causing swelling, redness and throbbing pain.
Frequent gout attacks can damage the joints and lead to chronic arthritis if not managed well.
Gout is mostly found in high standards of living country where people consume a lot of meat, dairy products and eggs. It is more commonly found in men than women.
Symptoms of Gout
- Swollen or painful joints
- Redness and inflammation
- Nodules under the skin called tophi
Possible Causes of Gout
- Diet with high purine found in red meat, animal glands and intestines, beans and peas, mushrooms
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Renal insufficiency – in ability of the kidneys to filter waste
- People with Thyroid disease or type 2 diabetics
- Drink lots of water
- Consume vitamin C like berries, pineapples, mulberry, celery, papaya, spinach, onion, turmeric and capsicum
- Avoid high purine food
- You can use ice packs wrapped in towel held against the affected area for a few minutes to bring down the swelling and inflammation.
- Ibuprofen and Naproxen are usually prescribed to treat gout. Steroids may be injected or prescribed for extreme condition that requires immediate attention to bring down the throbbing pain.
Metaphysical Reason for Gout
If you are suffering from gout, your body is rigid and stiff. Your attitude to life has been inflexible and rigid for a long time. Anger and impatience stored in thoughts.
You may want to dominate others with autocratic behaviour. Gout is dominating you now. Accept and acknowledge the condition with awareness in order to regain peace and tranquillity.
Be open and receptive to self and let others have their own way. Everyone has their right to their freedom.