Cirrhosis is a condition where the liver does not function properly after long term damage of severe scarring. This condition develops slowly over months or years.
Cirrhosis is a condition of the liver damaged due to long standing inflammation and infection of the liver.
The Function of The Liver
The liver’s main job is to filter the blood coming from digestive tract, before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver detoxifies chemicals and metabolises drugs.
The liver is known to have as many as 500 vital functions for the body. It is important to take eat, sleep and have healthy lifestyle to maintain good liver.
Among which, the liver produces bile, that carries away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion.
The liver holds about 13% of the blood supply in the body.
The liver produces certain proteins for blood plasma.
It converts excess glucose into glycogen for storage, to be use as energy later.
The liver helps to clear the blood of drugs and toxin or poisonous substance.
Causes of Cirrhosis
- Chronic alcoholism
- Hepatitis A, B , C & D are common causes for cirrhosis
- Non-alchoholic fatty liver is caused when fat builds up I the liver, causing scar tissue to form. Cirrhosis caused by fatty liver is usually linked to diabetes, obesity, heard condition, protein malntries.
- Drugs like excessive acetaminophen and toxins
- Liver damage is due to the side effects of long term drugs and medication like aspirin, tamoxifen, acetaminophen and steroids.
- Excessive smoking
- There are about 30-50% of cirrhosis with no direct cause.
Common Symptoms of Cirrhosis
- Feeling weak
- Itchy Skin
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of Body Weight
- Bleeding gum
- Memory problem
- Muscle cramps
- Vomiting Blood
- Red or blotchy palms
- Pain in the area where the liver is located
When diagnosed or suspect cirrhosis, one should consider stopping consumption of heavy alcohol, controlling their diet and healthy lifestyle
Medication may be prescribed to control liver cell damages, caused by hepatitis
For cases where liver damage is causing high blood pressure, drugs are prescribed to control the increased pressure in other blood vessels.
Metaphysical Reason for Cirrhosis
Life is the expression and recognition of the source of life. One must be aware of the actions and see whether they are good for you.
Do you resist change that tend to be good for you? Do you tend to judge and complaint about things. What is your relationship with yourself? Be aware of your connection and relationship with your inner self and learn to understand, love and trust yourself.
Meditation and hypnosis can help you improve your body, mind and soul healing.